Careers With Auto Service Auto Body
Available Positions With Auto Service Auto Body
Auto Collision Appraiser
This position is Full Time & On Site
Auto Service Auto Body is seeking an Auto Collision Appraiser to analyze, inspect, photograph, and appraise damage to automobiles due to accident or loss.
Starting salary will depend on level of knowledge and experience.
We believe that every person is entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or genetic information. In addition, the state in which you work may protect certain other characteristics. We are committed to treating employees fairly and with dignity and respect, and we unconditionally prohibit discrimination in hiring, terminating, promoting, or compensating any employee on the basis of a qualified individual’s membership in any of these protected classes
Benefits Include: Medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings accounts, profit sharing, and paid time off.
Job Description and
- Ability to read, problem solve and pay close attention to details.
- Excellent customer service, communication, decision-making, and strong negotiation skills.
- Correspond with the main office to gather important information to support claim decisions.
- Knowledge and experience with automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology, and vehicle construction is required.
- Candidate must have collision center experience and/or be familiar with the field adjusters-insurance industries.
- Have a sales background to explain the repair process and the unique value of having an I-CAR Gold Class shop with many OEM Certifications perform the repairs to their vehicle.
- Negotiate with independent adjusters and appraisers regarding auto physical damage repairs and/or total loss evaluation and settlements.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the claims field.
- Understand the proper way to repair a vehicle through the appraisal process.
- Prepare quality itemized appraisals and/or total loss evaluations using claims best practices, and vehicle software systems, to repair damaged vehicles to their pre-damaged condition.
- Research OEM repair procedures.
- Monitor manufacturer recommendations for proper repair methods and maintain technical expertise and knowledge of current trends and techniques in the market.
- Work as part of our blueprinting team.
- Occasionally order parts electronically.
- Ability to operate standard office computer system.
- Meets physical requirements to properly ascertain claim damage which includes, lifting, bending, and viewing damage.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to organize and complete essential job functions daily.
- Must possess the ability to work well with others.
- Minimum 3 years of auto claims, auto body appraisal or insurance experience or related claims knowledge.
- CCC One, Mitchell, and PMC Logic knowledge
- I-CAR Platinum Certification
- Continue training thru I-CAR and other means. Maintain I-CAR training requirements annually (Auto Service Auto Body will pay for the courses).
- Understand the RI state regulations that pertain to auto collisions and use them to ensure fair negotiations take place.
- Ask for and accept help when needed.
- Utilize your talents to help make our repair process better and more efficient.
- Perform other related tasks as needed and with enthusiasm.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Be honest, tell the truth to colleagues and customers alike.
- Be a leader, set a good example, always be willing to help the team.